A delicious warming parsnip & ginger winter soup recipe for you. Sweet parsnips & fiery ginger: Souper easy & souper yummy, you're welcome!
- Heat a good glug of olive oil and the butter in a big saucepan over a medium-low heat and sautee the onion for approx 10minutes, until soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic, ginger, cardamom, cumim & cayenne and stir for a couple of minutes.
- Add in the parsnips and mix them in well before pouring in the stock.
- Season with salt & pepper and simmer the soup until the parsnips are very soft, approx. 15mins.
- Once the parsnips are soft puree the soup with a stick blender until smooth.
- Add the coconut milk and adjust the seasoning. Mix well and....
Ingredients (serves 4)
- olive oil
- 15g butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4-5cm piece of ginger, peeled & finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 500g parsnips, peeled & cut into small cubes
- 800ml vegetable stock
- 400ml coconut milk
- salt & pepper
Recipe adapted from Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's book River Cottage Veg Everyday