A recipe for DELICIOUS, healthy, and super easy to make granola bars. No added sugar, or any other nasties just lots of super whole foods! A perfect on-the-go snack. Enjoy!
Makes 24 bars
- 1.5 cups mashed ripe banana (about 3 medium/large bananas)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats (use gluten-free if needed)
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
**YOU have total freedom to be a little creative with this - don't like almonds? use walnuts, pecans or pistachios. Don't have dried apricots? Use raisins, dried cherries, dates or figs. You get the idea :-)
- Heat the oven to 180C. Line a large oven proof tray with a piece of baking paper so the bars are easier to lift out.
- In a large bowl, mash the banana until smooth. Stir in the vanilla.
- Place the rolled oats into a food processor (or blender on the lowest speed) and pulse until the oats are coarsely chopped (but still with lots of texture). Stir oats into the banana mixture.
- Chop (I used my magimix, but do not use a weak food procesor for the nuts) the almonds and apricots and stir these and the rest of the ingredients (seeds, coconut & cinnamon) into the banana-oat mixture until thoroughly combined.
- You're almost done! Spread mixture out onto the prepared tray. Press down until compacted and smooth out until even.
- Bake for 23-27 minutes (I baked for 25 mins.) until firm and lightly golden along the edge. Once ready, bring the tray out and leave to cool for a few minutes then carefully lift out the whole granola slab with the baking paper. Place granola slab on a cooling rack for 20 minutes.
- Slice into bars once they are cool and enjoy!
Feel free to leave a comment if you like them!
Recipe adapted from Oh She Glows!