If you've come to class on a day where I have happened to bake you will have smelt the sweet smells of this delicious banana bread - and if you're lucky enough to have arrived before it was all eaten and tried some you will know how moist & delicious it is! Not only is it so delicious, it is also super easy to make. WARNING, this is not sugar, dairy or gluten free :-)
So without further ado here is the recipe:
2 large eggs
113g soft butter
200g brown sugar
1 tbs vanilla
150g wholemeal flour
1tsp baking powder
3 ripe bananas
1 cup chopped nuts (optional, I like walnuts or pecans usually)
140g greek yoghurt (or half a cup)
- Preheat oven to 180c. Grease your loaf pan.
- In a large bowl whisk together the soft butter, and sugar. Add the eggs one and a time and vanilla and whisk until smooth.
- Sprinkle the flour and baking soda over the butter mixture and stir to mix until just combined.
- In a separate bowl mash your bananas up and then fold in the mashed bananas, nuts (if using) and yoghurt into the cake mix.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for approximately 60 minutes or until crust is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before devouring!