Of course, we never want to be materialistic, but at this time of year, sometimes it is nice to give a gift. . . and if you're going to give a gift why not make it a healthy gift!
For the person who runs from the gym out for a drink:
A BIG, beautiful, warm & cozy wrap or cape to snuggle up in post exercise (and at any time of the day!). I love this Carla Grima wrap, which also ticks the box of being locally made and supporting a small Maltese business! Zara also have some beautiful, big & cozy wraps.
For the cook:
- Amelia Freer's book "Eat, Nourish, Glow", an easy-to-understand guide to nutrition with some great recipes.
-Ella Woodward's "Deliciously Ella" cookbook
- A nutribullet, I use mine to make my own almond milk every morning and it is SO simple and has absolutely no chemicals added unlike many store bought almond milks. Also great for making smoothies.
- A bottle of exquisite olive oil such as Barbuto.
For the yogi in your life:
- a good quality yoga mat (available from LahLah Yoga for €30)
- treat your loved yogi to a membership for unlimited yoga classes (LahLah Yoga has 1 month, 3 month & 6 month options available) email email@example.com for more details.
For someone who needs a bit of pampering:
- a massage or reiki session with Butterfly Therapies, every time I leave a session with Cat I am floating! Treat yourself or get a voucher for a friend.
- some wonderful, home-made, natural and sustainably made in Malta beauty products from the Soap Cafe.
-a luxurious scented candle (secret: although they can be considered a 'boring' gift, most girls love receiving a luxurious scented candle - it's the sort of thing you wouldn't splash out for on yourself but a great gift to receive!)
- a voucher for a private yoga consultation & class, for someone who would prefer to try yoga in the comfort and privacy of their own home. This is perfect for anyone, young or old, flexible or stiff so why not introduce or encourage someone you love to start a healthier lifestyle.
Secret Santa Ideas:
- A beautiful, locally made Carla Grima headband €15
- A voucher for one LahLah Yoga Class €10
- A super duper personalised MAKK creation (price dependent on product!) supporting another small Maltese company too.
- A picture of a fun memory framed with a quote
- Not On The Highstreet has great gift inspiration too, and has a section just for secret santa/stocking fillers too!
Although giving gifts is great and it is nice to buy thoughtful gifts for others, remember that there is so much more that one can give all throughout the year than a gift on one day a year. If we all gave more love throughout the year, the world would be a much happier, peaceful place :-)